Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Gratitude.


Recently I celebrated my graduation with a small get-together of family and friends. As always, however, after every great party comes the slightly annoying task of the Thank You notes. Granted the people who came to my party brought their share of gifts and advice, but I loath writing Thank You notes.


I am thankful for the thought and sentiment of course that my family and friends put forth, but the time spent writing these notes could be much better spent hiking, going for a bike ride, or even working. Thank You notes are time consuming and a waste of paper. I don't like getting them or giving them.


I'd feel even more thanked by a person if they came up to me in person and thanked me rather then writing a thank you note.

No comments:

Post a Comment